At Donnelly, we are committed to helping you receive the financial support you need and to making the process as simple as possible. No FAFSA? No problem! Don't let being ineligible for the FAFSA stop you from pursuing your goals. Apply today!
To apply for scholarships:
- Complete the Application for Admission for Donnelly College.
- Complete the Scholarship Application to apply for more than 50+ scholarship opportunities at once! Note: If you receive an error opening the scholarship application, please check the pop-up blocker to enable access.
Merit-based award covers 100% of tuition and fees per semester.
- Application deadline is February 1.
- Awarded by scholarship committee based on ACT, GPA and essay. General guidelines for committee include 3.5 cumulative high school GPA or higher and minimum 24 on ACT or Donnelly placement test equivalent
- Renewable up to 4 semesters with a 3.25 college GPA and full-time enrollment
- Limit of 5 new recipients per year
Henry W. Bloch Scholarship
Need-based award covers 100% of tuition and fees for up to six semesters at Donnelly College and 100% tuition for up to six semesters upon transfer to UMKC.
- Application deadline is March 1.
- Have financial need and be Pell grant eligible, and not be considered for traditional scholarships due to past academic performance or life circumstances.
- Be a graduating high school senior or have a GED, or be a current Donnelly College student with no more than 30 credit hours earned and a 2.5 GPA
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident residing in the Kansas City Metro Area
- Must complete an additional application, provide transcripts, supplemental essay, and two letters of recommendation
Nursing, Middle and Secondary Education degrees are excluded
Guaranteed Merit Scholarships
Guaranteed award to students based on GPA and ACT scores in chart below. Renewable for up to 4 semesters with a qualifying college GPA and full-time enrollment. No ACT? No problem. You can take Donnelly’s placement test for free.
Sister Jerome Scholarship
Merit-based award covers 75% of tuition and fees per semester
Bishop Donnelly Scholarship
Merit-based award covers 50% of tuition and fees per semester
Donnelly Opportunity Scholarship
Merit-based award of $1,000 per semester
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Merit-based award of $2,000 per semester
- 3.5 cumulative high school GPA
- Participation in BizFest (certificate required)
- Minimum 18 on ACT or Donnelly placement test equivalent
- Award is renewable with a 3.25 college GPA
- Limit of 4 new recipients per year
Catholic High School Award
$1,000 per semester
- Provide an official transcript from an accredited Catholic high school
- Maintain full-time enrollment status
- Renewable up to 8 semesters (excludes summer)
Migrant Assistance Program Scholarship (MAP)
Need-based award stacked with any Pell awards to cover up to 100% tuition and fees per semester, plus $250/semester stipend.
- US citizen or Permanent Resident.
- FAFSA/Pell Grant eligible.
- Preference is given to students who are identified as a current or former migrant student. (Definition: Student has, or has at least one immediate family member who has, spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farmworker; or is eligible to participate, or has participated, in a Migrant Education Program or the National Farmworkers Jobs Programs)
- Enroll as a full-time student with freshman status
- Renewable up to 2 semesters (excluding summer)
National Science Foundation STEM Scholarship
Need-based renewable award of $2,000/semester
- US citizen, nationals of the US, individuals admitted as refugees, or permanent residents
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or an Associate degree with emphasis in Information Technology, Math or Natural Science
- Renewable each semester through graduation as long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA in STEM courses
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA overall or a STEM GPA of at least 2.5 from high school or transfer institution
- Students receiving scholarship support must maintain full-time student status (minimum 12 credit hours per semester and participate in all required Project S4 activities)
- Both incoming freshmen and transfer students may qualify; associate degree students must be incoming freshmen
- Demonstrated financial needs as defined for undergraduate students by the FAFSA
More than 50 need-, merit- and criteria-based scholarship opportunities of varying award amounts provided by Donnelly’s generous supporters and friends. Scholarships have various selection criteria that may include:
- Financial need
- Academic achievement
- Course of study
- Religious affiliation
- Veterans status
Outside and Matched Scholarship Opportunities
Hispanic Development Fund
Awarded annually based on availability from Hispanic Development Fund - Donnelly matches all scholarships provided by the Hispanic Development Fund up to $2,000 per semester.
- Be of Hispanic Heritage.
- Graduating/have graduated from a Greater Kansas City metropolitan area high school or obtain a general equivalency diploma (GED) from a local organization. (The Greater Kansas City metropolitan area is generally defined as Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte, Johnson and Wyandotte counties).
- Attend/have attended a Greater Kansas City metropolitan area high school for the last three years prior to graduation.
- Accepted or enrolled in a fully accredited college or university and working toward an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree. (Applicants attending vocational or trade schools are ineligible).
- Enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student. (A minimum 12 credit hours for undergraduate and 9 credit hours for graduate).
Scholarship applications are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Proven academic merit as reflected in GPA and answer to essay question.
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance as exhibited by family's gross income, size of family, and other financial need.
- Demonstrated community involvement as reflected in the application.
How to apply:
Visit the Hispanic Development Fund website
Applications available January 1 - March 1
Whether you're a high school student or adult learner who is looking to continue your education, you may be eligible to apply for the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation's new KC Scholars program and attend Donnelly College.
KC Scholars is available to low and modest income students living in Cass, Clay, Jackson and Platte counties in Missouri, and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
Note: Deadline for the Presidential Scholarship is February 1. Deadline for Henry W. Bloch Scholarship is March 1. These scholarships have additional application requirements beyond the one institutional application. Total institutional scholarship amount cannot exceed total tuition and fees. Most scholarships are not stackable with other institutional aid. For additional information and requirements contact Admissions or call (913) 621-8706.