Career Services is here to help you channel your skills, abilities and passions toward a fulfilling career after graduation. We offer services that help students identify their skills, explore career opportunities, and develop materials to land a future job. Visit us on the second floor of Donnelly, Room 210, for help and information!
Apply for Internships!
Internships help you learn important professional skills, give you confidence and experience, and provide you with a way to begin forming your professional network! And, studies show that you are much more likely to get hired after graduation if you have internship experience. An article in US News and World Report sums it up like this:
Though graduate hiring is expected to trend up this year, professional experience – often gained through an internship – is becoming more and more important for prospective new hires. Among those in the class of 2014 who received a job offer prior to graduation, less than two-fifths (38.6 percent) did not have any internship experience (nor did they participate in a cooperative work-study program), according to a 2014 report from the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Soergel, Andrew. "Paid Interns More Likely to Get Hired." US News and World Report (2015): n. pag. Web. 20 Dec. 2017. Read the article here.
How can you find an internship that interests you? Check out several local internship opportunities here. There are several other opportunities posted on the bulletin board on the second floor. See Yvonne Telep, Hannah Cushing or LaCherish Thompson for more information!
Having a full-time or part-time job can give you some great professional experience while you are in school or directly after you graduate. There are several local opportunities listed below, that can also be found on the job bulletin board on the second floor. Need more information? See Yvonne Telep or LaCherish Thompson on the second floor. Check out a list of local job opportunities here.
Glassdoor for Students: This online career community allows job seekers to look through company reviews, salaries, and interview information on over 340,000 companies submitted by actual employees. Students can also search job and internship postings. Entry into this service is free through this Donnelly website link.
In addition to reviews and information, Glassdoor is a great tool to help you search for jobs and internships.
- Career Cruising: This career development software provides you with resources to identify and pursue your goals. Donnelly students have access to Career Matchmaker assessments and can create a free online profile that allows them to explore job descriptions and career paths. To obtain a user name and password to access Career Cruising, email Career Services and request one. Then, make a follow up appointment with Yvonne to discuss the results of your assessments and your next steps!
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Kansas Occupational Outlook Data
- Resume Template (Functional) MS Word
- Resume Template (Chronological) MS Word
- Resume Template for Recent College Graduate
- Functional Resume Template for Recent College Graduate
- Resume Samples and Templates from Monster
Cover Letter Templates and Examples
- Cover Letter Sample
Resume and Cover Letter Help and Advice
- Cover letter creation and critique
- Building Your Resume Suggestions
- Information on internship and job opportunities
Remember, Career Services is here to help you!
Need more information? Contact:
Note: If you are an employer interested in recruiting at Donnelly or working with us to develop internships for our students, please contact Yvonne Telep at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send job postings to us at email@example.com. Thanks for your interest in Donnelly!