Life can be challenging! Donnelly’s Counseling Center offers services to our students, staff, and faculty free of charge.
We all look at the world through a filter of our own emotions. This is why we are sometimes unable to see solutions for ourselves when we are dealing with subjects which are emotionally charged. A counselor is able to help us sort through the emotional storm by reflecting back the content of what we are experiencing while still respecting the depth of the emotions involved. Counseling is not just for mental health ‘problems.’ It’s for all of us when we experience a lack of clarity or stress relating to how we are feeling.
The idea of counseling can be similar to seeing a physician for a yearly physical or a preventative exam to see if there are any opportunities to guide us towards a more healthy and fulfilling life. Our mental and physical health can influence every part of our life. If you are interested in optimizing any aspect of it, contact the Counseling Center for an appointment.
The counseling Center is a safe place to:
- Share what is troubling us
- Work through what is holding us back
- Improve our ability to perform when we are afraid
- Find our way when we feel lost
- Contemplate making changes
- Plan our future
- Get help when we are overwhelmed
- Realize we are not alone
- Test and school anxiety
- Relationship difficulties
- Overcoming trauma
- Feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or unhappy
- Maximizing potential
- Finding hope
- Guided relaxation
- Full-Service Counseling
- Appointment times can be requested online. If the time you requested is available you will be contacted to confirm the time. If you are requesting a time within the next 24 hours you will be prompted to call.
- Call (913) 621-8781. The phones will be answered during the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. unless the counselor is in another session or meeting. You can leave a message for a return call. If you have an emergency and need immediate services outside of these times please call 911
- Walk ins are welcome at the Counseling Center. The Center is located in room 211 in the main building. Please check the sliding sign to the left of the door to see if someone is available to see you. If the sign is green and says ‘available’ go ahead and knock. If the sign is red and says ‘in use’ someone else may be having a session. Please come back at another time or use the online scheduling link or phone to request an appointment.
Provided at no charge to Donnelly students staff and faculty and are confidential.
If you need help with financial, housing, clothing, medical or legal issues please vist www.211.org