If you are considering the high-demand field of health care, Donnelly’s Practical Nursing (PN) program is a great place to start.
Our PN certification program stands out because of its affordability and flexible class times (daytime, evening and weekend options), allowing you to work while participating in the program.
Our program begins each January and August, with up to 25 students per group or cohort. Additionally, our program comprises 36 credit hours and takes 14-16 months to complete, depending on the start date.
The selection process is competitive, so learn more about our requirements and apply today!
New Deadlines: The application deadline has been extended due to temporary closures due to Covid-19. The new deadline is July 24, 2020 (for the August start) or October 31, 2020 (for the January start).
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Practical Nursing, students will demonstrate:
1. Relationship-centered care: provide nursing care that is relationship-centered, caring, culturally sensitive and based on the physiological, psychosocial and spiritual needs of clients with commonly occurring health alterations that
have predictable outcomes.
2. Teamwork and Collaboration: collaborate with the client and members of the interprofessional health care team to promote continuity of client care and shared decision-making.
3. Evidence based practice: use current evidence as a basis for nursing practice.
4. Informatics: use information and client care technology to support the delivery of safe, quality client care.
5. Quality Improvement: participate in quality improvement activities assessing their effect on client outcomes.
6. Safety: provide an environment that is safe and reduces risk of harm for clients, self, and others.
7. Professionalism: demonstrate accountability for client care that incorporates legal and ethical principles, regulatory guidelines, and standards of nursing practice.
8. Leadership: use leadership skills that support the provision and coordination of client care.