TRIO consists of eight educational opportunity programs funded by the Department of Education to provide motivation and support for traditionally underrepresented students within the arena of higher education. Student Support Services is one of those eight programs.
Student Support Services at Donnelly College is committed to creating and maintaining a supportive environment for low income, first generation and disabled students that encourages academic excellence and integrity, student success, and individual responsibility through leadership and service. TRIO is funded to serve 240 participants each year.
55% of all participants served by the SSS project will persist from one academic year to the beginning of the next academic year or graduate/receive a certificate and/or transfer to a 4-year institution during the academic year.
Good Academic Standing:
80% of all enrolled participants served by the SSS project will meet the performance level required to stay in good academic standing.
Graduation and Transfer:
20% of new participants served will graduate with an associate’s degree or certificate within four years, and 15% of new participants served will transfer to a 4-year institution with an associate’s degree or certificate within four years.
Eligibility for TRIO Student Support Services is determined by federal regulations.
Students must be:
- highly motivated to graduate from Donnelly and/or transfer to a 4-year institution
- committed to their academic success
- enrolled as a student in a program of study at Donnelly College
- first generation college student – OR – meet federal income guidelines – OR – have a documented disability
TRIO Program Services
- Academic and personal advising
- Career services and counseling
- Financial literacy, FAFSA assistance, and scholarships
- Tutoring and supported study
- Transfer assistance and college campus visits
- Admission and financial aid planning to transfer from Donnelly to a 4-year institution
Student Support Services (TRIO) Grant Aid
The Student Support Services (TRIO) project provides assistance to qualified students to help ensure they have an opportunity to complete their college education. Grant aid is available to active students who are Pell Grant eligible (must complete the FAFSA), are first generation and/or have financial need. You must be enrolled in classes for the designated semester and be in good academic standing to receive this grant aid.
Need more information? Contact: