Testing Center Hours
SPRING 2020 Modified Hours - During the Covid-19 crisis, the testing center is available by appointment only through Admissions Counselors.
In a typical semester, students can walk in during these hours, but it is always best to call ahead and make sure that we will be able to serve you. Call the testing center at (913) 621-8786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mondays: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
If you are unable to contact someone about testing, please call Mary Pflanz at 913 621-8764 and leave a message.
We know tests can be nerve-racking, so we do all we can to create a calm environment so you can test at your best. Don't come to take a test unprepared! Even the entrance exams have review materials available. Links to review materials are under Resources below, or you can call or email the testing office for help!
- Placement testing: Accuplacer testing is required for first-time college students and some transfer students who have a recent ACT or SAT score. The Accuplacer is an untimed placement test and some students have better success with this than the ACT or SAT. It is best to review before coming in to test! See the resources section below for more information.
- College Credit Now: If your high school offers Donnelly College credit for classes taken at your school, click here for information about placement testing. If you need to make a testing appointment, email email@example.com for an appointment.
- English as a Second Language testing: All students whose first language is not English need to show evidence of their academic ability in English. They will need to take the ESL Accuplacer and may be placed in a semester of intensive English classes before entering college classes. Contact Michelle Lundy for more information.
- Teas Testing for Practical Nursing Admission: Students should first contact the Admissions team to confirm their eligibility for the PN program. To register for the exam, go to the ATI testing site, create an account, and choose Donnelly as your test site.
- Certified Nurse Aide State Exam (Kansas) Testers who have completed a Certified Nurse Aide program take this test to become licensed in the state of Kansas
The Accuplacer test will determine your placement at Donnelly, and you should take this testing seriously! Review some sample questions and prepare yourself! Make sure you have plenty of time and do your very best to ensure that you will be placed in the best classes for you. The preparation materials linked here will help.
- Accuplacer Study App This is the best guide available for your Accuplacer testing preparation. You will need to create a user profile and log on. When asked to “Select the application you would like to view and then take the appropriate practice test”, select “Next-Generation Practice Tests”.
When selecting a test to practice, select Reading, Writing, and Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics (QRAS). These are the three tests you will be administered at Donnelly.
We recommend that you do the Learn as You Go section first. This will tell you if answers are correct and give an explanation of why.
Once you have completed this section, take the sample test to see how you do.
If you need additional help or materials, please contact the testing center at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accuplacer Sample Questions