Certified Nurse Aide State Exam (Kansas)
Testers must have successfully completed a Certified Nurse Aide program before taking the Kansas Certified Nurse Aide state exam. The test is written and regulated by the Kansas Department of Health & Environment (KDHE).
Remaining 2017 Test Dates
- Tuesday, November 14 at 9AM.
- Tuesday, December 19 at 9AM.
2018 Test Dates
- Tuesday, January16 at 9AM
- Tuesday, February 13 at 9AM
- Tuesday, March 6 at 9AM
- Tuesday, April 10 at 9AM
- Tuesday, May 15 at 9AM
- Tuesday, June 12 at 9AM
- Tuesday, July 10 at 9AM
- Tuesday, August 7 at 9AM
- Tuesday, September 11 at 9AM
- Tuesday, October 9 at 9AM
- Tuesday, November 13 at 9AM
- Tuesday, December 18 at 9AM
Anyone taking the CNA state exam must:
- Register for the exam with KDHE online or call (785) 296-1250
- Be registered with Donnelly at least one week in advance of the test by calling or emailing Yvonne Telep
- Arrive at least a half an hour before testing start time
- Present two forms of id, one a picture id
- Pay a $38 non-refundable testing fee to Donnelly College at the time of the test
- If a tester arrives late or fails to appear for the test, he/she must reschedule with the KDHE online or by contacting KDHE at (316) 320-7375 to request a rescheduling form.
- Notification of passing status will be available online within one week of test completion. Students will know their scores immediately after taking the test.
- If the state exam is not passed within 12 months from the starting date of the initial CNA course, the entire CNA course must be retaken before the student can test again.
- CNAs with out of state licenses may challenge the Kansas test by filling out this form and sending it in to KDADs with the registration fee. Directions are on the form.
- Test scores may be requested online or by writing to:
Health Occupations Credentialing, KDHE
Signature Bldg, Ste 330
1000 SW Jackson
Topeka, KS 66612-1365