Non-Profit Program Manager
Is this a career for you?
Social and community service managers coordinate and supervise programs and organizations that support public well-being. They direct workers who provide these services to the public.
Social and community service managers typically do the following:
- Work with community members and other stakeholders to identify necessary programs and services
- Oversee administrative aspects of programs to meet the objectives of the stakeholders
- Analyze data to determine the effectiveness of programs
- Suggest and implement improvements to programs and services
- Plan and manage outreach activities for increased awareness of programs
- Write proposals for social services funding
Employment of social and community service managers is projected to grow 17 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.