Donnelly's Walking Club has a simple mission: get out and walk 1-2 miles per week. Everyone is welcome to join!
Mondays @ 2 p.m.
Meet in the Welcome Center (1st floor)
Bring your walking shoes and water bottle
There are countless physical activities out there, but walking has the lowest dropout rate of them all! It's the simplest positive change you can make to effectively improve your heart health.
Research has shown that the benefits of walking and moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes
- There really are so many benefits for such a simple activity!