Is Web Development for you?
Web developers design and create websites. They are responsible for the look of the site. They are also responsible for the site’s technical aspects, such as its performance and capacity, which are measures of a website’s speed and how much traffic the site can handle. In addition, web developers may create content for the site.
Web developers typically do the following:
- Meet with clients or management to discuss the needs and design of a website
- Create and test applications for a website
- Write code for the website, using programming languages such as HTML or XML
- Work with other team members to determine what information the site will contain
- Work with graphics and other designers to determine the website’s layout
- Integrate graphics, audio, and video into the website
- Monitor website traffic
Employment of web developers is projected to grow 8 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.