Bachelor's in Information Systems
Want to have a career in technology? Our innovative, new Bachelor of Science in Information Systems program will provide you with the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and will prepare you for well-paying management opportunities in the information systems industry.
This degree is for learners interested in current technology — especially the area of understanding how computers process, manage and communicate information. Through this program, you will gain training that allows you to succeed in the workplace, as well as a developed ability to apply theories and concepts to an information systems-centered work environment.
Information Systems Program Learning Outcomes
In addition to the general education learning outcomes – communication skills, technology and information literacy skills, symbolic problem solving, analytical thinking, personal and interpersonal skills, academic inquiry, and values – upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, students will demonstrate:
- An ability to communicate effectively on multidisciplinary teams with a wide range of people.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern computing tools necessary for technological practice.
- The aptitude to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- An ability to ethically design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
- The capacity to function effectively on teams that understand the impact technology has in a local, national, and global context.
- Recognition of the need for, and willingness to engage in life-long learning through a continuous investigation of contemporary issues.
- The capacity to make informed decisions in computing practice based on an understanding of professional, legal, and ethical responsibilities.
BARR Advisory, a Kansas City-based cybersecurity auditing and consulting firm, has partnered with Donnelly College to offer scholarship support for qualified students in the IS program, internships where our students can gain valuable hands-on experience and consultation on curiculum development to make sure students are workforce-ready.
Check with Financial Aid for more information about scholarship opportuniteis.
Check with Career Services for more information about internships.
BARR Advisory is a leading provider of IT governance, risk and compliance services for today’s nimble enterprise.
Need more information? Contact: