Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
Certified nurse aides provide daily living assistance and beside care to patients under the supervision of a registered nurse. CNAs are generally responsible for patients' basic care including bathing, vital-sign assessments and grooming. They also offer social and emotional support to patients and communicate important information to nurses. CNAs work in a variety of settings including hospitals and private homes, as well as long-term care, mental health or assisted living facilities. This 6-week course prepares students to successfully pas the Kansas Certified Nurse Aid Exam.
Why become a CNA?
- Needed as a pre-requisite for many nursing programs including Donnelly's Practical Nursing program
- Valuable experience, and resume builder for pre-med and other health care careers
- Steady employment opportunities
Choose the 6-week session that works best for you
- Session 1- starts 2/1/17; ends 3/10/17; registration deadline 1/18/17
- Session 2 – starts 3/20/17; ends 4/26/17; registration deadline 3/1/17
- Session 3 – starts 6/7/17; ends 7/14/17; registration deadline 5/17/17
More sessions to be scheduled. Check back often.
Cost and payment options
- $650 - Fee includes courses, textbooks, registration and testing fees, scrubs and gait belt to keep
- Students can pay-in-full at the time of registration, or pay 50% at the time of registration and 50% prior to clinicals
- CNA program is non-credit and not eligible for federal financial aid or institutional aid
- To register complete the steps listed here
Need more information? Contact: